Hot tubs provide head-to-toe relaxation, stress relief, muscle pain relief, and help you sleep. They also can enhance your life in other ways by increasing intimacy and providing a fun way to spend some time with family and friends.
There are many different hot tub models and manufacturers, and all hot tubs are not created equal. When you visit your spa dealer, there are some important things you should ask about before you buy, including:
- Jet types and massage options. Ask about the kinds of jets and where they are placed. If you have specific issues, like back soreness, muscle aches from sports or other activities or arthritis, you’ll want to make sure the hot tub you choose can target your problem areas. Quality spas feature jets that provide a variety of massage combinations, including Swedish, pressure point, and Shiatsu.
- Craftsmanship. You want to look for a spa that is not only attractive and well made, but one that’s appropriate for where it will be installed.
- Caring for the water. When you’re tired, stressed, or hurting, the last thing you want to do is clean out your hot tub. Choosing a hot tub with an advanced filtration system means less maintenance and that your hot tub is ready when you are.
- Monitoring and maintenance. This is an important one. You don’t want to be wondering when your hot tub needs servicing. Look for a hot tub that has an indicator light that tells you when it needs attention. You’ll also want a control panel that lets you regulate for energy efficiency and locks for safety as well as adjusting things like the temperature and jets. Some spas feature a smart system that lets you control your tub from anywhere via an app., which makes water care and maintenance easy.
- Style. All that practical stuff aside, you want a spa that looks good and enhances its surroundings. Ask about features like waterfalls, underwater illumination, and touchscreen controls. Some spas also come with cold storage so you can have cold drinks right at hand, and some offer the ability to add essential oils for an aromatherapy experience.
Pick a Hot Tub Built With You in Mind
Sundance® Spas is owned by Jacuzzi®, the name you think of when you think of hot tubs. Roy Jacuzzi invented the modern hot tub in 1968, and improvements and innovations have never stopped. In fact, Sundance® Spas are rated #1 among reviewers.
When you’re looking for that perfect hot tub, you should pick a hot tub that’s not only fun, but easy to maintain and includes important safety features. Look for a hot tub that has:
- Controls that are easy to see and navigate during the day and at night. You don’t want to be fumbling around for the jet controls or temperature settings. That’s hardly relaxing!
- Illuminated grab bars. Safety first! Entering and exiting your spa should be a safe process. We all know how slippery water can be. Look for a spa that has strategically-placed and strong grab bars that illuminate at night. In addition to helping with in-and-out, grab bars are used for moving around the hot tub to ensure no one slips when they are getting in and out of seats.
- Easy maintenance. You want easy access to the drain and important components of your hot tub, so look for one that doesn’t require tools to access critical parts. Also, look for a hot tub that has an indicator light so you know when your spa needs maintenance.
- Lighting. The right lighting doesn’t just add a warm ambiance – it’s important for safety. In-tub lighting means that spa users can safely get in and out. You can also add a boost to your soak by using the principles of chromotherapy. Use blue lighting for the ultimate in relaxation, or if you want to energize your day, start your soak with green lighting, which enhances mental focus.
Discover why choosing the right hot tub makes all the difference. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with a member of our helpful, no-pressure team. Don’t forget your swimsuit so you can try a hot tub on for size!