10 Reasons You Need a Swim Spa
A swim spa might be one of the best things you’ve never heard of. If you don’t have the room for a pool, but want a dedicated space to swim laps or workout in the water, it’s a great option with many benefits you won’t find with a traditional swimming pool.
Swim spas straddle the area between a swimming pool and a hot tub. They’re easier to install than a swimming pool, and more affordable, while they have the benefit of built-in jets that let you swim laps without needing the length of a pool.
During this time of COVID-19, the advantages can’t be overstated. With gyms and public pools closed, it provides the perfect solution for needed exercise and stress relief.
Swim Spas Offer These Great Benefits:
- Exercise without impact. Going beyond just giving you a place to swim, you’re able to manage certain conditions and improve your overall well-being. Combining the warmth of the spa with the jets that let you exercise without needing a ton of space, you’re able to do more than you could on land – this is especially true for people suffering from sore muscles and joints or balance issues. Exercising in a spa gives you full-body support and makes it easier to move. The lack of impact means less pain and joint stress as well. If you have a medical condition that benefits from exercise but struggle to accomplish it on land, a spa is a perfect alternative.
- Hot tub benefits. Swim spas are equipped with the same features as a hot tub, including illumination, jets, ergonomic seating, and control panels. With a swim spa, you can experience total relaxation, reduce stress, improve your sleep, ease aches and pains, and help to heal following an injury.
- Swimming pool benefits. Swim spas have a long and narrow tank, large enough to offer many of the benefits that swimming pools do. Swim spas are also equipped with a powerful jet system at the far end, which can create a stream of water powerful enough for users to walk, jog or swim against. This added resistance can enable you to swim in place, which eliminates the need to swim from one end of the tank to the other.
- Hydrotherapy. Hydrotherapy can help a physical injury heal faster by utilizing a combination of temperature, buoyancy, and massage for health benefits, along with an improvement of blood circulation. Hydrotherapy is also used to help aches, pains and/or arthritis, among other conditions. It stretches muscles, soothes joints, and improves flexibility and mobility, among other benefits.
- Additional health benefits. Soaking in a swim spa on a regular basis can bring a variety of health benefits, including:
- Better sleep
- Less muscle tension
- Stress reduction
- Weight loss and maintenance
- Soothed arthritic joints
- Improved post-injury recovery
- Learn how to swim. A swim spa offers a more controlled environment to teach the basics of swimming to children or adults. Get used to being in the water, learn how to tread, and gradually progress to the use of the powerful jet system to create a stream of water to swim against.
- Exercise. The buoyancy of the water will help lift about 90% of the weight from your body, which gives your muscles and joints a new-found sense of freedom. Your body can move about freely while in the water, performing many moves that may have otherwise been uncomfortable or painful while on dry land. The water also adds resistance, which means you’ll move more slowly than you would on dry land, improving the effectiveness of your workout.
- Installation options, indoors and out. You can boost the aesthetics. functionality and value of your backyard with swim spa installation. Your swim spa can be installed above-ground or in-ground. Or, if you have the room, it can be installed indoors.
- Use it year-round. One of the biggest benefits of a swim spa is that it can be used 365 days a year. The advanced control panel enables you to adjust the temperature to keep the water cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, for the ultimate in luxury.
- The ultimate in convenience. No more waiting for the public pool to open. With your very own swim spa, you can enjoy a relaxing soak or rejuvenating swim whenever you want it. If you have a stressful day and want to soak your worries away, all you have to do is head to your own private swim spa.
Check Out All the Swim Spa Options
With 40 years in the spa and sauna industry, Great Bay Spa & Sauna understands how to translate your needs to the right spa product. Our large showroom provides you with hands-on access to a variety of products, including swim spas. When you visit, our experienced sales staff will walk you through the benefits of owning a swim spa over a pool, and help you find the most affordable and highest-quality option.